Thursday, July 23, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Luckily, it was approved after few days! Another chance to taking opps and earning money huh? hehehe... Well, why not if you can do it right?
Thursday, June 4, 2009
At least this gives us an idea what sort of style to buy or to build.
Friday, May 22, 2009
It became very obvious and upsetting to realize we had so much debt. The boat, camper, new clothes and cars took all our income and we had nothing left to save for our future. It's because of this that we I decided to quit buying things we WANTED and focused on saving for things we NEEDED. We began paying off debts and consolidating loans. It took a few years to actually get our debt down to a manageable amount that we could handle without carrying credit card balances.
Then we started looking toward the future, saving our money, rather than looking back at all the things we bought and gone into debt to own. We had begun to learn to live within our means. It is so important for parents to explain this to their children as my father did with the analogy of credit card debt to "paying for a dead horse".
Many people today are in such great debt that bankruptcy is at its highest. Because many adult children want to immediately own what it took years for their parents to get, banks are making a fortune on the interest they make from loaning money. If bills can't be paid on time, then additional charges are added and the debt starts to spiral out of control.
If more people would invest their money in their futures rather than throwing it away on intangibles today, there would be less debt. If people would buy the things they need and not just anything they want, they would be able to actually know what they own. As Benjamin Franklin said, "Pay what you owe, and you'll know what is your own". People would buy what they could afford and needed and would know what they actually OWN.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
For me, you don't have to be rich to have a beautiful garden! Every one who is at heart a gardener loves to putter about the garden with at least one of their gardening supplies in hand.
Here's how to manage and keep up with gardens or landscapes even if you're on a budget. There are simple steps to follow in order to achieve a beautiful landscape on a budget.
1. The first step is to take a look at your existing landscape and decide what areas need the most attention. Areas to focus on are usually the front of the home or entrance ways. If the plants are over-grown in these areas, then most likely they will need to be pruned. Pruning shrubs or trees is a process of selectively pruning out unsightly branches or foliage.
For example, if you're walking to the front door of your home and if there are plants that are growing over the walkway, this would be an area that needs renovating. Go through each plant that looks unsightly and bring it back to a size which looks proper to the whole landscape. At times some plants may be too far gone where pruning them back just makes the problem more unsightly. If this is the case, removal may be the best option. Here's a little tip to always take in consideration when deciding what to do in regards to pruning or removal of plants. Consider if the plants are over crowded (i.e. growing into each other) if so, choose the plant that is healthier and frames the landscape as a whole. Then decide which plants are anchors in the landscape. For example, in proper landscape design, plants are placed systematically around the home; shrubs should be below the window lines, and entrance doors need to be easily visible from a distance, etc. the landscape should showcase your home, not hide it. It doesn't make sense how some of the most beautiful homes are hidden with too many plants.
The main reason homeowners over plant is because many of them forget how large the plants will grow in a couple of years. They might feel more is better. This is one of the biggest mistakes homeowners make. People need to do research and take into consideration how big each plant will be at maturity. Maybe, at some point, you may be considering adding on to an existing landscape, if so, do the homework and don't over plant the area!
2. The second step to help improve the overall picture of the landscape is to clean-up the beds which surround the home. This can be accomplished by raking up debris such as leaves that are cluttering the garden beds. By getting rid of old leaf debris and fallen branches will increase the over all look of the home.
3. Edge all of the beds, so there is a defined line separating the grass from the landscaped beds. At this point you're ready for the finishing touch. Mulching! Mulching is similar to painting; it is the icing on the cake. Mulch not only gives the landscape lovely curb appeal, but it also helps benefit the plants as well.
These are simple steps for the homeowner to follow. Take the time to review the solutions I provided, and you will have a fabulous looking landscape even on a budget.
Ethical Hacking almost sounds like an impossible job for me! I remember when I was once taught to be a hacker (from my friend), not only it was quite complicated and a very daunting hobby but your computer also becomes a virus prone. I used to think that being a hacker is illegal, until I heard about being an "Ethical Hacker". First question came to my mind was, how can one be both ethical and a hacker?
Apparently, EC-Council gives us the opportunity to gain an understanding of what an ethical hacker is, how we'll be trained, and what they do to fully comprehend the genius of such a position. I should say that this position is a unique one. The training teaches us the same techniques that any hacker would learn to try to permeate a computer system, about the Hacking Cycle, and its Role in IT Security.
The difference is that they do it to find weaknesses before they can truly be oppressed. By finding the weaknesses before they are made accessible to the general public, actual penetration of the system can be avoided. Discovering these weaknesses is merely a way of testing the IT Security of a system.
I do believe that being an ETHICAL HACKER has became one of the most high paying jobs, despite of economy downturn due to the fact that big companies now do hire reliable hackers to protect their highly sensitive information that illegal hackers may get into!
EC Council training offers the following categories:
- Security Fundamentals
- Ethical Hacking
- Penetration Testing
- Computer Forensics
- Disaster Recovery
- Secure Programming
Why not enroll and get trained, and get paid at the same of being an Ethical Hacker? Check EC Council now for details.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
While summer is fast approaching, and it's getting to that time of year when we all start to think about heading off to a place in the sun for a week or two to unwind and relax from the stresses of day-to-day work. However, with the huge pressures most people face in life on a day to day basis with the changes in the Economy it is important to have an escape route and a holiday is a great way to achieve this.
So an expensive holiday abroad in Europe, America or Asia may not be the main requirement but there are ways to cut back on a break and you do not need to spend a fortune to have a great time. If you are looking for Cheap Holidays then there are many different ways you can enjoy a good holiday on a budget.
Check ULookUBook cheap holiday deals now to get the best location and the package deal ever. Just simply choose any destination that matches your budget.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Hubby's choice for this week was LILY and CARNATION flowers. I like the color combination as it reminds me of my bouquet color on our wedding! I love some kinda Peachy-Orange blend. By the way, he actually first reminded me of my bouquet color.
Thanks a lot for your thoughtfulness my love, I really appreciate everything you had to be doing for me.
I was looking for something to eat the other day, but I just couldn't figure what I was looking for!, then I started thinking about the Filipino foods I have been missing... We used to go to Canterbury (an hour drive), to buy selected Pinoy foods at the Oriental food shop, but due to my condition, we never bothered anymore.
Instead, I just ordered online. Photo above, were the ones I bought recently in fact, this was already my 2nd time, first there were Ice Tea, Sky Flakes, Efficacent Oil, Noodles, and Chippy. I really love my Ice Tea especially its getting warmer here as summer is just around the corner, good drink for the season!
... and I am proud to have introduced it to hubby's family, while Alfie loves Chippy and Ice Tea too! uummmm I will soon become a regular online buyer of Pinoy Mini Mall.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
However, though I managed to buy a house 5 years ago and yet, it remained untouched until I decided to improve it. I thought along the way the significance of spending the equivalent of two years total rentals for the home improvement, whilst having the pleasure of living comfortably and a rental free for life!
Besides, home improvements will not only help you turn your home into a nicer place to live but also to increase its value in the long term. So whether you are changing the paint colors, adding more rooms extension, changing the whole bathroom or kitchen, building a conservatory, converting your loft, making the place more energy efficient, it is worth paying attention to your homes.
Home improvement has never been this easy, but before you start it's important to plan ahead in terms of the timescales, the total costs would it incur and the contractors you'll need. You should also check out the local authority rules and regulations, particularly if you're making changes on a larger scale. There are also a number of trade bodies that can help you find reputable suppliers and tradesmen, thereby providing you with peace of mind.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
I would like to say THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH for always been visiting my blogs and never forget to drop my EC's. Please see your badges on my "FEATURED BLOGS" section, which serve as LINKY LOVE...
Monday, April 27, 2009
We don't normally visit them on Sunday, our last Sunday visit was 5 weeks ago if I am not mistaken. We learned in the end that Mum doesn't prepare any special meal if it's only her and Dad, and that's probably the reason why Dad invited us yesterday, as he missed roast pork and desserts too. LOL, poor Dad....
After all, nothing is more important to you than your family, and it's what makes all of the hard work you do worth it. But what if in an instance all of your hard work was wiped away? What if your death meant the end to your family's security, comfort, and future? Is there something you could do to safeguard their future? Would it be expensive? Is it too late? The answer to these questions are yes, no, and NO!
The solution to securing your family's future is term life insurance. Simply put, term life insurance makes sure that your family is financially secure in the event of your untimely death. Life insurance is essential for everyone, regardless of class or status.
At ReliaQuote you would get instant Term Life Insurance Quotes. From there you can choose any policy that suits you and you can apply online.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
We had this when we had my parents-in-law one day, when they helped hubby putting up our shed in "Our Shed Has Finally In Place". This is one of traditional English foods. At least I have learned some English cooking already, so having them is not that complicated anymore..
Easy to prepare: All you need is Pork Sausages, Sausage Casserole Sauce in pack, Potatoes, boiled Peas & Sweetcorn, and Onions. If you wanna try just follow these simple steps:
1) Brown sausages in a little bit of oil in a saucepan and add onions for another 3-4 minutes.
2) Add the mix of sausage casserole pack in a glass of water to the saucepan with sausages.
3) Bring to boil and taste, boil peeled potatoes at the same time until tender, and in a separate saucepan boil the sweetcorn and peas altogether.
4) Mash the boiled potatoes, add a little bit of fresh milk and butter to taste.
5) Enjoy the English food!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
For myself I hold no preferences among flowers, so long as they are wild, free, spontaneous. Bricks to all greenhouses! Black thumb and cutworm to the potted plant!
Who can estimate the elevating and refining influences and moral value
of flowers with all their graceful forms, bewitching shades and combination
of colors and exquisitely varied perfumes?
These silent influences are
unconsciously felt even by those who do not appreciate them consciously
and thus with better and still better fruits, nuts, grains, vegetables and
flowers, will the earth be transformed, man's thought refined, and turned
from the base destructive forces into nobler production.
One which will
lift him to high planes of action toward the happy day when the Creator
of all this beautiful work is more acknowledged and loved, and where man
shall offer his brother man, not bullets and bayonets, but richer grains,
better fruit and fairer flowers from the bounty of this earth.
- Father George Schoener (1864 -1941),
The Importance and Fundamental Principles of Plant Breeding
Thursday, April 16, 2009
That's right, this is the 2nd payment already I've got from Google Adsense (4 months earning!), not bad though. While the first payment I got was October '08 was from last year's earnings (from July to September), amounting to US$ 115.95....
In general, I have been earning from Google Adsense for about 9 months now! You know the secret? Don't agree the rules if only to break them...GOOD LUCK!!
It's tagging time again, and thanks to Dangz Rose for counting me in as always. She is one of the most wonderful friends I have made here in blogosphere, please take time to visit her blogs too.
Kawaii-ness is all about loving all things kawaii, being kawaii ourself and definitely being able to add kawaii-ness in everything, its all in our creativity!! - Good.Girl
The simple rules that go with it are:
1. Put the logo on his/her kawaii blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate all the blogs that you think deserve this award (*kawaii of course!*).
4. Put the links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated!
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Copy the image above, the rules and the questionnaire in this post.
3. Post this in one or all of your blogs.
4. Answer the four question following these Rules.
5. Recruit at least seven (7) friends on your Blog Roll by sharing this with them.
6. Come back to BLoGGiSTa iNFo CoRNer (PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINK) at http://bloggistame.blogspot.com and leave the URL of your Post in order for for you/your Blog to be added to the Master List.
7. Have Fun!!
Questions & Your Answers:
1. The person who tagged you: Rose
2. His/her site's title and url: Rose- http://www.mycountryroads.blogspot.com/
3. Date when you were tagged: April 16, 2009
4. Persons you tagged - everyone in my list
You are all welcome to grab these tags, have fun folks...
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
We bought some Easter Eggs for my in-laws, yet we didn't realize we gonna get one each too from them! I got the MALTESERS one and hubby got the MARS! I haven't eaten mine yet as I am not really on to chocolates these days, baby doesn't like too sweet stuffs! ummmm I now wonder if this tells if I am going to have a baby boy or a girl? Would you like to make a guess???????
Irregardless of how we celebrated Easter, for as long we know the essence of the celebration - that "GOD HAS RISEN FROM THE DEAD OF SACRIFICING HIMSELF TO SAVE US"....
Saturday, April 4, 2009
It is really a great pleasure to have became one of your favorite blogs to visit and to have dropped my EC for the last month. Well, you are among those hundreds of blogs, linky love for you guys as a reward. Hope to see you again next month!
This is one of the Filipino foods my hubby loves so much! I know most of us know how to cook this, so there's no need for me to add the cooking procedures here (except that I have added a little bit of coconut milk).
So it tasted like sour-peppery and creamy, yummy though.... Why not trying as well. Enjoy cooking.....
Friday, March 27, 2009
This is an absolute good news for everyone! We know that it is still a long way to go for Fall and Winter Season, but Sears is giving us a chance to enjoy and prepare. We can enjoy 75-80% off from its original prices. Moreover, it also gives us a chance to win a $2,500 price package. What are we waiting for, this might be our lucky day and who knows you will be one of the lucky winners, check it out.
This is a great answer to all our worries, imagine we only pay not even half against its original prices. Hurry, this promotion ends on the 18th of April. Don't let global recession destroy us, there's still life behind crisis. We all aware that we should be cutting costs to be able to survive, but deprivation is even worst I tell you. It won't really hurt. I must admit that I have now my shopping addiction under control, but I do buy one or two pieces of tops or trousers especially if I see bargains. I can't really resist myself on shopping at all!
Apparently, if you also follow Busted Moms on Twitter (which I did myself too) @bustedmoms, we will be receiving Sears gift cards and updates on hot deals going on. Why not checking this in, and enjoy their bargains.
This is what I have been eating while busy finishing opps from SS and PPP. We could only buy this from one place (as far as we know), close to where my in-laws live - in a farm shop. Most mangos we do find in big supermarkets are African mangoes (same taste as Indian mangoes), which I don't like. That's why we do buy plenty every time we visit them (at least for 3-4 days consumption), if they don't last I have no choice but to buy the other type in Tescos.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I have been considering of buying my own web hosting, but there is always a second thought at the back of my head as to whether I could design it well. I also have encountered free web hosting, could have grabbed it only if there was a possible solution and easy way of building and designing of how I wanted it to look like, especially that I am not very good in HTML or coding at all! Do you have the same problem as me? Welcome to the club!
The good news is, there is a solution! We can now create website without hiring a professional web editor, we can do it ourselves through the help of Bluevoda. This provides hundreds of downloadable logos, templates, webpage backgrounds and website headers for absolutely FREE! We will also be given access to their video tutorials that covers every aspect of building and publishing a magnificent website, any design we would like! It helps us to improve from simple one to a beautiful one.
Fantastic isn't it? Imagine we don't need to be an expert to build our own. One more thing, knowledge in HTML or CODING is not required. Bluevoda is our solution, the perfect web editor for our websites or for those who wanted to build their own. Take time and enjoy.
Monday, March 23, 2009
I got this tag from my friend Cacai of Cacai's Step and Journey, thanks for counting me in dear. Linky love for you anyway.
"Lets spread the spirit of Friendship to all the blog sphere all over the world."
Here is the rules for this award :
1. Take a Photo or install one now (optional). sorry the battery is dead... hahahaha
2. Do not change clothes,do not trim the hair, the main image is to be captured (optional).
3. Post a picture that is in edit (optional).
4. Post this instructions (required).
5. Tag people to show appreciation to them that touch your heart because of their friendly attitude (required).
I am passing this on to all my FRIENDLY FRIENDS:
dangz Dhemz, dangz Umma, Lynn, Amy, Niko, Faye, Kittykat, Chelle, Rechie, te Ces, Rose, Elizabeth, Hazel, Maria, Weng, Cookie, Belle, Cacai, Lizzy, tita Beng, Nanay Belen, Lovely, Irel, Mommy J, Grace, Ruby, GhieGanda, Mommy Joy, Mommy Gen, Mommy Liz, te Lanie, te Mira, Maria, Lauren, Mommy Elvz, Ria, Shawie, Benchiegrace, Marife, Ghie, Meryl, Lulu, Shy, Lauren, Recel and more.
Go go go sisters, grab this and see you here and thanks you all for being such a wonderful friends to me.
1) Slice of 250g beef or chicken.
2) Heat a skillet and add 1 up coconut milk together with this Masman Curry Paste packet 50g. Stir fry until oil appears on top.
3) Add meat and stir-fry until done. You can add carrots and beans or slice of potatoes (same as what I always do, but I didn't add potatoes this time). Let it boil for at least 5 minutes.
4) Add another cup of coconut milk, bring to boil. Cook until all the veges are tender or depends how you you wanted the veges.
5) Add fish sauce to taste. Serve with cooked rice.
Really easy to prepare, why not to try....
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Beach vacations are one of my husband's favorites. Every time we think of spending at least a week or so somewhere, he always thinks of spending a relaxing time by the beach. Going to different places is one thing we'd always consider than going back to the same place, though we sometimes do but rather experience other magnificent places instead.
Apparently, on our next vacation our target would be visiting Florida for two reasons. First, to visit my cousins and second to experience this beautiful sugar-white sandy beaches in Destin Florida.
Destin Florida Beach Condo Rental offers a great deal, which allows us to rent directly from the owners so it saves us some penny, while enjoying many wonderful things that Destin has to offer - fun activities like boating, para-sailing, scuba diving, water sports, go-cart tracks, and the Big Kahuna water park.
Why not going to experience ourselves the emerald green waters, the world class fishing, the best and most luxurious Florida resorts, year-round golf, great dining, all the activities and entertainment that you and your family can enjoy, and the wonderful relaxing atmosphere that will make you want to stay forever.
You and your family can experience the thrill of vacationing at Florida's best beach vacation destination.
Dealing with your in-laws is twice as difficult as dealing with your own family. The snide remarks, the gossip, and the bickering are at their most intense when the in-laws come to visit.
- There can be no divided loyalties. When you married your spouse and spoke your wedding vows, you promised to put your husband or wife as the first and primary person in your life, and that’s where your loyalty rightly belongs. If your wife has a problem with her mother-in-law, it’s the husband who needs to step in and work on fixing it. The same applies if a husband has a problem with his in-laws, his wife must speak up on behalf of her husband.
- Good fences make good neighbors. Clear boundaries, as in really good fences, need to be established and set in place about when in-laws are and are not invited into your lives. Negotiate the boundaries with your spouse regarding the role you want your in-laws to have in your life, being as specific as you feel is necessary. Write it all down on paper if that would work well for you during discussion and negotiations.
- Your parents and in-laws only know what you tell them. Set boundaries so you and your spouse know what specific information will or will not be shared with your family. If you go to your parents or family members every time you’re angry, frustrated, or having problems in your marriage, they hear that but they don’t hear when you’ve resolved the issues. If you’re having a problem in your marriage, you need to resolve it in the marriage, privately.
- Set time boundaries so that you both will know how much time will be spent at the in-laws’ house and how often they will be in your home. Sometimes husbands and wives argue because the in-laws are always at your house and you don’t seem to have a moment to yourselves. Or, the wife is almost always at her parents’ home and not taking care of responsibilities at home, or constant phone calls by the in-law to find out personal details that impose upon the time and privacy of your marriage.
- Set decision-making boundaries so that both husband and wife understand that they will make the decisions in their marriage without having to consult the in-laws first. Once a decision is made you should not allow your mind to be changed because one of the in-laws voices disapproval. You have a backbone, so use it.
- Set boundaries about the care and discipline of your children, so the standards and rules established in your home are not contradicted by your in-laws. If boundaries are not set, clearly communicated amongst the family, problems and conflicts will arise. Problems and conflicts also persist when the husband or wife fails to correct their unruly parent or family member when boundaries have been breeched.
- Once the boundaries are decided upon, you must now keep to them. If one of the marriage partners violates the agreement then the whole process breaks down and sends a double message to the in-laws. In addition, failing to keep an agreement with your spouse is a violation of your word and his or her trust. You must realize that if you violate your mate’s trust you have betrayed your vows to honor your spouse above all others.
- Talk to your parents (or the in-law that is driving you crazy) about the boundaries you’ve decided upon together. Make it perfectly clear that the boundaries set have been decided upon and mutually agreed to by both husband and wife. Believe it or not, some mother-in-laws may not even realize how their intrusion and criticisms hurt or belittle you, so you must learn how to be assertive, using assertive techniques to express how you feel when she says or does x,y,z.
- If holidays with in-laws are so difficult that it’s obvious your parents and in-laws don’t get along, it would be best for you and your husband to talk to your own sets of parents separately. Explain to them that while you understand that they’re not going to be the best of friends with the other couple, that it will make you and your husband happy if they can at least be civil.
- When it comes to social settings, it may be better to keep them apart than to deal with the stress of potential bickering. If it’s a small holiday dinner, consider celebrating on two separate nights. Bigger parties should have enough people that both sets of parents can avoid each other. But keep in mind that they are all adults, even if their behavior suggests otherwise. And if you’re given an ultimatum such as, “If they’re coming, we’re not”, simply reply, “We’ll miss you.”
- Never attempt to force your spouse to choose between his or her parents and your marriage. Understand that the other woman in every man’s life is his mother. If your husband starts in on you with something like, “Well, my mother does it this way…”, then tell him to go over and sleep with her.
- Pick your battles. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree in some situations, politely telling them that you appreciate their suggestions, but you and your spouse make the final decisions. Be considerate, controlling your emotions and temper as much as possible, being careful to think before you speak those venomous words swirling through your mind at the time.
Are you having difficulty getting along with your in-laws? Would you like to share your story or ask a question related to your specific situation? Or, if your relationship with the in-laws has been virtually flawless, to the point where you simply love and adore your in-laws, what further advice would you give couples dealing with in-law problems? Comments, questions and suggestions are welcome in the comment section below.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Looking for and buying a reliable web hosting solution is an imperative decision. Whether you are blogging or doing online business, providing important information or sharing views online on a common interest, you need a reliable web hosting service that will allow online visitors to browse through your site effortlessly, and trying to identify a web host can be a very daunting task especially when there are so many available nowadays and all of them promise one thing or another.
With the changing trend of technology, web hosts are also changing. Most of them provide various services in addition to their basic ones. There are many tools that facilitate this, however if your web hosting service is not reliable then you can miss out on serious revenues and prospective clients.
Apparently, I have found out that we could actually get a free hosting for our blogs, as I myself have really been thinking of buying one but just didn't know which one. However, most of them you have to pay, but this one is absolutely free. Free Blog Hosting offers a huge opportunity of creating our own website which is for free, and get the web address of our choice. We can never be wrong on this, I'm sure.Creating a blog with our own URL provided by Okayblog for free, and apparently, it is a free blog hosting site powered by Wordpress blogging software.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
.... and I didn't realize hubby thought of buying more papers, he asked me if he can go to Tesco to buy me mangoes (it was my request earlier on), which made me happy and what a surprise when he came back with a pack of 25 photo papers!! yahoo... and now I continue printing off some more to be sent off to Philippines together with our Mother's Day card.
My sister-in-law Claire first got this one last year, but I wasn't so impressed with the quality of the photographs, perhaps they she was using a poor quality photo paper, plus we were still going back to Angola so didn't think of buying one. This time my parents-in-law got the same, but it looks as though a better one than what she's got, so we decided to buy exactly the same as dad's...