ss_blog_claim=6cd73fab0d1dd89407889b31eb885dd3 ss_blog_claim=6cd73fab0d1dd89407889b31eb885dd3 Blog Directory Things I Did Not Know Before: 10 Biggest BRAIN Damaging Habits

Friday, December 19, 2008

10 Biggest BRAIN Damaging Habits


I have noticed for these past couple of days that my brain hasn't been working properly, I needed it to be able to write good articles for my blogs! It started when I got 3 opps from PPP and it took me 3 hours to finish my first article (300 words)!!

I wonder what was wrong with me... thought there must be something!!... So out of my curiosity, I have searched something like "ways to exercise brain" / "brain exercise", etc...I didn't take it seriously as I've had to finish my articles and submit them soonest otherwise I would have lost them!

WHAT A COINCIDENCE......

When this morning I got an email from one of my friends, some sort of reminder! Why do I say a reminder? Because I should say that these health tips are very basic, that we might heard them from people around but we just ignore them. See, we tend to ignore things we hear very often without realizing how crucial they were for our health!

"10 BIGGEST BRAIN DAMAGING HABITS"

By:

Dr. Muhammad Imran Yousuf
Lecturer
Division of Continuing Education

University of Arid Agriculture,

Pakistan


1. No Breakfast
- Due to our busy schedule, we normally forget to take the breakfast. People who do not take breakfast are going to have a lower blood sugar level. This leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.
> I don't eat breakfast at all, geezzzz this means that my brain hasn't been working properly! No wonder I do feel empty sometimes.

2. Overeating
- This is most usual cause, most of the times we find tasty food and start eating more that what our body requires. It causes hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.

3. Smoking
- I never smoke, but I put this in the list as a message to those who smoke “PLEASE STOP SMOKING” because it causes multiple brain shrinkage and may lead to Alzheimer disease in later life.

4. High Sugar consumption
- Extra Sweets! Must minimize eating chocolates? Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.

5. Air Pollution
- This is the common problem, wherever you go, you are welcome with the polluted air, that’s pathetic. As the brain is the largest oxygen consumer of the body, and inhaling the polluted air will decrease the supply of oxygen to the brain, thus there will be a have damage to the brain. So try to be away from the polluted air.

6. Sleep Deprivation
- Attention all bloggers who stay up to the late hours to do write-ups, drop EC's, to be able achieve any goals, this is bad for us!! Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells. Oh! more cells dead, more loss of memory.

7. Head covered while sleeping
- Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decrease concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects.

8. Working your brain during illness
- Working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damage the brain.

9. Lacking in stimulating thoughts
- Thinking is the best way to train our brain, lacking in brain stimulation thoughts may cause brain shrinkage. So think more, write more, explore more all this will help you to keep your brain fresh.

10. Talking Rarely
- Intellectual conversation promote efficiency of the brain. So be active participants in the meetings and get-togethers. I always talk more then required so no problem.

TAKE CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH...... .........

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and appreciate your comments, will visit you back as soon as I can!