Friday, March 27, 2009
This is an absolute good news for everyone! We know that it is still a long way to go for Fall and Winter Season, but Sears is giving us a chance to enjoy and prepare. We can enjoy 75-80% off from its original prices. Moreover, it also gives us a chance to win a $2,500 price package. What are we waiting for, this might be our lucky day and who knows you will be one of the lucky winners, check it out.
This is a great answer to all our worries, imagine we only pay not even half against its original prices. Hurry, this promotion ends on the 18th of April. Don't let global recession destroy us, there's still life behind crisis. We all aware that we should be cutting costs to be able to survive, but deprivation is even worst I tell you. It won't really hurt. I must admit that I have now my shopping addiction under control, but I do buy one or two pieces of tops or trousers especially if I see bargains. I can't really resist myself on shopping at all!
Apparently, if you also follow Busted Moms on Twitter (which I did myself too) @bustedmoms, we will be receiving Sears gift cards and updates on hot deals going on. Why not checking this in, and enjoy their bargains.
This is what I have been eating while busy finishing opps from SS and PPP. We could only buy this from one place (as far as we know), close to where my in-laws live - in a farm shop. Most mangos we do find in big supermarkets are African mangoes (same taste as Indian mangoes), which I don't like. That's why we do buy plenty every time we visit them (at least for 3-4 days consumption), if they don't last I have no choice but to buy the other type in Tescos.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
I have been considering of buying my own web hosting, but there is always a second thought at the back of my head as to whether I could design it well. I also have encountered free web hosting, could have grabbed it only if there was a possible solution and easy way of building and designing of how I wanted it to look like, especially that I am not very good in HTML or coding at all! Do you have the same problem as me? Welcome to the club!
The good news is, there is a solution! We can now create website without hiring a professional web editor, we can do it ourselves through the help of Bluevoda. This provides hundreds of downloadable logos, templates, webpage backgrounds and website headers for absolutely FREE! We will also be given access to their video tutorials that covers every aspect of building and publishing a magnificent website, any design we would like! It helps us to improve from simple one to a beautiful one.
Fantastic isn't it? Imagine we don't need to be an expert to build our own. One more thing, knowledge in HTML or CODING is not required. Bluevoda is our solution, the perfect web editor for our websites or for those who wanted to build their own. Take time and enjoy.
Monday, March 23, 2009
I got this tag from my friend Cacai of Cacai's Step and Journey, thanks for counting me in dear. Linky love for you anyway.
"Lets spread the spirit of Friendship to all the blog sphere all over the world."
Here is the rules for this award :
1. Take a Photo or install one now (optional). sorry the battery is dead... hahahaha
2. Do not change clothes,do not trim the hair, the main image is to be captured (optional).
3. Post a picture that is in edit (optional).
4. Post this instructions (required).
5. Tag people to show appreciation to them that touch your heart because of their friendly attitude (required).
I am passing this on to all my FRIENDLY FRIENDS:
dangz Dhemz, dangz Umma, Lynn, Amy, Niko, Faye, Kittykat, Chelle, Rechie, te Ces, Rose, Elizabeth, Hazel, Maria, Weng, Cookie, Belle, Cacai, Lizzy, tita Beng, Nanay Belen, Lovely, Irel, Mommy J, Grace, Ruby, GhieGanda, Mommy Joy, Mommy Gen, Mommy Liz, te Lanie, te Mira, Maria, Lauren, Mommy Elvz, Ria, Shawie, Benchiegrace, Marife, Ghie, Meryl, Lulu, Shy, Lauren, Recel and more.
Go go go sisters, grab this and see you here and thanks you all for being such a wonderful friends to me.
1) Slice of 250g beef or chicken.
2) Heat a skillet and add 1 up coconut milk together with this Masman Curry Paste packet 50g. Stir fry until oil appears on top.
3) Add meat and stir-fry until done. You can add carrots and beans or slice of potatoes (same as what I always do, but I didn't add potatoes this time). Let it boil for at least 5 minutes.
4) Add another cup of coconut milk, bring to boil. Cook until all the veges are tender or depends how you you wanted the veges.
5) Add fish sauce to taste. Serve with cooked rice.
Really easy to prepare, why not to try....
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Beach vacations are one of my husband's favorites. Every time we think of spending at least a week or so somewhere, he always thinks of spending a relaxing time by the beach. Going to different places is one thing we'd always consider than going back to the same place, though we sometimes do but rather experience other magnificent places instead.
Apparently, on our next vacation our target would be visiting Florida for two reasons. First, to visit my cousins and second to experience this beautiful sugar-white sandy beaches in Destin Florida.
Destin Florida Beach Condo Rental offers a great deal, which allows us to rent directly from the owners so it saves us some penny, while enjoying many wonderful things that Destin has to offer - fun activities like boating, para-sailing, scuba diving, water sports, go-cart tracks, and the Big Kahuna water park.
Why not going to experience ourselves the emerald green waters, the world class fishing, the best and most luxurious Florida resorts, year-round golf, great dining, all the activities and entertainment that you and your family can enjoy, and the wonderful relaxing atmosphere that will make you want to stay forever.
You and your family can experience the thrill of vacationing at Florida's best beach vacation destination.
Dealing with your in-laws is twice as difficult as dealing with your own family. The snide remarks, the gossip, and the bickering are at their most intense when the in-laws come to visit.
- There can be no divided loyalties. When you married your spouse and spoke your wedding vows, you promised to put your husband or wife as the first and primary person in your life, and that’s where your loyalty rightly belongs. If your wife has a problem with her mother-in-law, it’s the husband who needs to step in and work on fixing it. The same applies if a husband has a problem with his in-laws, his wife must speak up on behalf of her husband.
- Good fences make good neighbors. Clear boundaries, as in really good fences, need to be established and set in place about when in-laws are and are not invited into your lives. Negotiate the boundaries with your spouse regarding the role you want your in-laws to have in your life, being as specific as you feel is necessary. Write it all down on paper if that would work well for you during discussion and negotiations.
- Your parents and in-laws only know what you tell them. Set boundaries so you and your spouse know what specific information will or will not be shared with your family. If you go to your parents or family members every time you’re angry, frustrated, or having problems in your marriage, they hear that but they don’t hear when you’ve resolved the issues. If you’re having a problem in your marriage, you need to resolve it in the marriage, privately.
- Set time boundaries so that you both will know how much time will be spent at the in-laws’ house and how often they will be in your home. Sometimes husbands and wives argue because the in-laws are always at your house and you don’t seem to have a moment to yourselves. Or, the wife is almost always at her parents’ home and not taking care of responsibilities at home, or constant phone calls by the in-law to find out personal details that impose upon the time and privacy of your marriage.
- Set decision-making boundaries so that both husband and wife understand that they will make the decisions in their marriage without having to consult the in-laws first. Once a decision is made you should not allow your mind to be changed because one of the in-laws voices disapproval. You have a backbone, so use it.
- Set boundaries about the care and discipline of your children, so the standards and rules established in your home are not contradicted by your in-laws. If boundaries are not set, clearly communicated amongst the family, problems and conflicts will arise. Problems and conflicts also persist when the husband or wife fails to correct their unruly parent or family member when boundaries have been breeched.
- Once the boundaries are decided upon, you must now keep to them. If one of the marriage partners violates the agreement then the whole process breaks down and sends a double message to the in-laws. In addition, failing to keep an agreement with your spouse is a violation of your word and his or her trust. You must realize that if you violate your mate’s trust you have betrayed your vows to honor your spouse above all others.
- Talk to your parents (or the in-law that is driving you crazy) about the boundaries you’ve decided upon together. Make it perfectly clear that the boundaries set have been decided upon and mutually agreed to by both husband and wife. Believe it or not, some mother-in-laws may not even realize how their intrusion and criticisms hurt or belittle you, so you must learn how to be assertive, using assertive techniques to express how you feel when she says or does x,y,z.
- If holidays with in-laws are so difficult that it’s obvious your parents and in-laws don’t get along, it would be best for you and your husband to talk to your own sets of parents separately. Explain to them that while you understand that they’re not going to be the best of friends with the other couple, that it will make you and your husband happy if they can at least be civil.
- When it comes to social settings, it may be better to keep them apart than to deal with the stress of potential bickering. If it’s a small holiday dinner, consider celebrating on two separate nights. Bigger parties should have enough people that both sets of parents can avoid each other. But keep in mind that they are all adults, even if their behavior suggests otherwise. And if you’re given an ultimatum such as, “If they’re coming, we’re not”, simply reply, “We’ll miss you.”
- Never attempt to force your spouse to choose between his or her parents and your marriage. Understand that the other woman in every man’s life is his mother. If your husband starts in on you with something like, “Well, my mother does it this way…”, then tell him to go over and sleep with her.
- Pick your battles. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree in some situations, politely telling them that you appreciate their suggestions, but you and your spouse make the final decisions. Be considerate, controlling your emotions and temper as much as possible, being careful to think before you speak those venomous words swirling through your mind at the time.
Are you having difficulty getting along with your in-laws? Would you like to share your story or ask a question related to your specific situation? Or, if your relationship with the in-laws has been virtually flawless, to the point where you simply love and adore your in-laws, what further advice would you give couples dealing with in-law problems? Comments, questions and suggestions are welcome in the comment section below.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Looking for and buying a reliable web hosting solution is an imperative decision. Whether you are blogging or doing online business, providing important information or sharing views online on a common interest, you need a reliable web hosting service that will allow online visitors to browse through your site effortlessly, and trying to identify a web host can be a very daunting task especially when there are so many available nowadays and all of them promise one thing or another.
With the changing trend of technology, web hosts are also changing. Most of them provide various services in addition to their basic ones. There are many tools that facilitate this, however if your web hosting service is not reliable then you can miss out on serious revenues and prospective clients.
Apparently, I have found out that we could actually get a free hosting for our blogs, as I myself have really been thinking of buying one but just didn't know which one. However, most of them you have to pay, but this one is absolutely free. Free Blog Hosting offers a huge opportunity of creating our own website which is for free, and get the web address of our choice. We can never be wrong on this, I'm sure.Creating a blog with our own URL provided by Okayblog for free, and apparently, it is a free blog hosting site powered by Wordpress blogging software.
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
.... and I didn't realize hubby thought of buying more papers, he asked me if he can go to Tesco to buy me mangoes (it was my request earlier on), which made me happy and what a surprise when he came back with a pack of 25 photo papers!! yahoo... and now I continue printing off some more to be sent off to Philippines together with our Mother's Day card.
My sister-in-law Claire first got this one last year, but I wasn't so impressed with the quality of the photographs, perhaps they she was using a poor quality photo paper, plus we were still going back to Angola so didn't think of buying one. This time my parents-in-law got the same, but it looks as though a better one than what she's got, so we decided to buy exactly the same as dad's...
Monday, March 2, 2009
I have been craving for Strawberries for these past couple of days after Pineapple and Kiwi last week! So instead of always having them with Ice Cream, I decided to make pancakes and decorated them with sliced Strawberries and Ice Cream on top.. uummmm yummy!!
Would you like some?
Sunday, March 1, 2009
ATTENTION: FAST-FOOD LOVERS....... How often do you dine-in or buy take aways at McDonalds, Wendy's or KFC, etc...? Sounds pathetic really while I love going to McDonalds to have my Chicken burger meal. All I know of is that, for as long as you don't have them everyday (we have at least once a week), then its alright I guess.
... but read all the way down to know the truth about FAST-FOODS, and how they could affect our health and lives.....
Would you like a stroke with your burger? People who live in neighbourhoods with numerous fast food outlets are more likely to suffer a stroke than those in neighbourhoods with fewer such outlets, according to a new study of one Texas city. This doesn't necessarily mean that their burgers, French fries and fried chicken cause stroke, says Lewis Morgenstern, an epidemiologist at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor who presented the study at the International Stroke Conference in San Diego, California. Rather, fast food could be an indicator for other factors that lead to poor health, such as lack of exercise or poor air quality.
Morgenstern's team recorded all 1,247 strokes that occurred in Nueces County, Texas between 2000 and mid-2003. The region is home to Corpus Christi, a city home to 280,000 people and 262 fast food restaurants. His team split the city into 64 neighbourhoods with roughly the same population, based on census data.
Burger prohibition?People living in neighbourhoods with an average of 33 fast food restaurants suffered 13% more strokes than people who lived near just 12 fast food joints, Morgenstern's team found after accounting for differences due to age, race and income. Each additional McDonalds, Burger King or Taco Bell upped the risk of stroke by about 1%.
Daniel Lackland, an epidemiologist at the Medical University of South Carolina says fast food could be linked to stroke both directly and indirectly, but more research is needed before any official guidelines were put out, let alone before banning the consumption of fast food.
"I don't think [the association] is strong enough that you would go, right now, and say no fast food restaurants," he says.
I have noticed that every time I come here in the UK, MY SKIN ALWAYS LOOKS AND FEELS VERY DRY! What do you think may be the reasons why? In Angola I always have very smooth and glowing skin. But what is it in this country which makes my skin very dull?
The skin is the largest organ of the human body and the organ that takes the roughest treatment. It is comprised of layers, with the outer layer being dead skin cells that are cast-off and replaced all the time and the inner (the working layer), containing blood supply, nerves, hairs and follicles and glands that produce oil called sebum, which exists to prevent the skin from drying out.
Signs and Symptoms - Dry skin is most commonly found on the face, hands, arms, legs and sides of the torso. It can start by feeling rough and itchy, leading to flaking of the skin, feeling scaly and may even develop into cracks and sores that bleed and are very painful....any idea from your own experiences?......
Apparently, I've managed to get some answers to my questions.
Risk factors and causes of dry skin
Various environmental factors can lead to a loss of moisture in the skin, resulting in dryness and/or coarseness. These may include:
Other factors leading to dry skin include:
Treating Dry SkinTry changing the washing powder or detergent used along with your cleansing agents used when bathing as these may be the cause of the dry skin.
The use of a moisturizer should help the cells of the skin become re-hydrated, if this is not sufficient, ask the advice of a pharmacist who will have knowledge on the products they stock and can help select an appropriate lotion or emollient. If these methods do not help to eliminate the problem, see your GP who will assess your complaint and may offer a medication that is only available on prescription such as a steroidal preparation; these can only offer temporary relief. Your GP may refer you to a skin specialist called a dermatologist who is an expert in skin care and can perform several tests to determine the reason for the problem.
Preventing Dry SkinAfter bathing it is important to pat skin dry, not rub it as this can irritate the skin and cause flaking. The use of a good, thick, unscented moisturizer should be encouraged after bathing or even daily in the winter months or in hot climates.
Drinking plenty of water will help the cells of your body remain hydrated, lessening the risk of drying-out.
The use of a sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor of at least 15 is recommended when in the summer months, as harmful rays from the sun can damage the layers of the skin altering its function, and the heat from the sun can cause the cells to dehydrate.
Dry skin is a very common condition that affects many people. By understanding the issues surrounding the causes of dry skin, people become more aware of the need to prevent it or stop it from deteriorating.