Hubby asked me this early evening what we were gonna have for tea or dinner, 'I said donnu but I knew I wanted to eat something different'. We had to go to Tesco then to buy all the bits and pieces we forgot to buy last night (on our way home from mum and dad's place), so we decided to wait until we get there, maybe we could see anything appetizing - which we did!
You know they always have this pre-packed meals or microwave meals, so we went passed through those various types, only this SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE tickled my CRAVINGS, and didn't take us long to decide that this is what I wanted to eat, and asked hubby if he fancied as well... So, instead of buying the ready meal, we both decided to prepare ourselves and bought all the ingredients we needed!
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 350g Beef mince
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree (we used Bolognese paste in a jar instead)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Gravy granules or flour (I used gravy granules)
- 200g Dried spaghetti (for two persons)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp Chicken stock powder to add taste
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic until the onion has softened.
- Add the beef to the pan, fry until the beef is browned.
- Add the tomato puree or paste, worcestershire sauce, all seasonings to the beef mix, and allow to simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the beef mixture is simmering, cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the pack.
- Add the gravy granules to get a bit more flavor, but if you are watching your salt intake the flour would be better, to thicken if necessary.
- Serve the spaghetti smothered in the meat sauce, preferably with freshly grated cheddar cheese.