When I visited Dhangz Dhemz this morning, I saw her version of Beef Afritada looks yummy though, thought I give it a try. Since we didn't have beef in our freezer, I decided to use pork instead! I made it, yes! Tasted so yummy, we just finished our dinner now and hubby loved it so much. For the very first time to have cooked and tried this food. Thanks for the thought sistah, and for my cravings for this the moment I saw it.
· 1 lb. pork, cut into serving pieces
· 1 tsp. salt (I've added tablespoon of chicken stock powder to taste)
· 1/8 tsp. pepper
· minced garlic, sliced onions
· 3 pieces of sliced carrots
· 1 tbsp. fish sauce and worcester sauce to taste
· 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
· 1 cup water and 1/2 cup tomato sauce (I used tomato catshup instead)
· 1/2 cup green peas
· 1 red, orange, yellow, green bell peppers, sliced (we didn't have green, so I used yellow, orange & red)
· vegetable oil or olive oil
Cooking Procedures :
1. Put pork in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Let stand 10 to 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir-fry pork pieces until no longer pink in color and turn lightly brown.
3. Add and sauté garlic until fragrant. Stir in onion until soft and translucent. Season with patis and then add potatoes, stir-fry for a few minutes.
4. Pour in water and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer covered for about 25 to 30 minutes or until pork is cooked and potatoes are tender.
5. Add in bell peppers and stir to blend. Correct seasonings. Thicken sauce with breadcrumbs (or flour, or cornstarch, if using). Stir and blend and let simmer for another few more minutes.
6. Remove from heat. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.